Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cripple fight

I've spent the last week fruitlessly attempting to purge my memory of the brutal 58-0 beating that was administered to the Buffs by Mizzou last weekend. I've been at this college football fanatic business for many years now and I can honestly tell you that this loss was among the most reprehensible. All props to Missouri for playing an excellent game, but the Buffs displayed a level of dispassion and dip-shittery so acute that everyone who watched is now sadder and dumber for it. Buffaloes, you know I love you, but I award you no points and may God have mercy on your souls:


OK. What's next? The Buffs now travel to Texas A&M to take on the similarly hapless Aggies. TAMU is going through one of those dreaded "coaching transitions" which can only mean that they are engulfed in flames that refuse to be dampened by the river of tears cried by their fans. In other words, they are us two years ago. But buck up, Aggies look how far we've come! You're just 2 short years away from maybe being a .500 team. Soldier on, now.

This tilt will not be pretty. Two poor teams finding new and interesting ways to disgrace my life's passion. The only redeemable thing about this matchup is that the television networks have seen fit to not broadcast it - lest our eyes be blinded by the potential horrors to be wrought upon the turf of Kyle Field. You'll listen to the broadcast on the radio, of course. I recommend doing so while watching tape of the "Miracle in Michigan". You'll be glad you did.

No comments: