Monday, October 01, 2007

Dave Lapham quote about CU vs OU

You start running out of expletives for a victory like this. As a partisan, hyperbole is simply unavoidable. So when I try to find perspective from an unbiased source like Dave Lapham, who called the game for Fox Sports, I see this (from sundaymorningqb.com):

It's hard for me to express as a former football player on many successful football teams how proud I am of the football players who went out on that football field for the University of Colorado football team and played the football game of their lives to beat a truly outstanding football team of football players from Oklahoma. I'm paid to broadcast football games, so I can't always comment on the football teams I'm covering, but I have to say, I never thought a football team like Colorado, a football team that only won two football games last football season, could hang on in a football game against a football team obviously made up of more talented football players. And not only to play football toe-to-toe on the football field with such a great football team, but to come from behind in a football game those football players could have easily given up on? That's one of the great football accomplishments I've ever witnessed on any football field in my entire life in football. Dan Hawkins is a special football coach who took his football team on the football field and said, `We're going to win this football game' and his football players flew to the football, stopped Oklahoma from moving the football in the second half of the football game and somehow found a way to win a football game I don't think anyone in football thought this football team could win. What a football game.
That's high praise, my friends. Also, I challenge you to use the word "football" more times in a single paragraph.

No comments: