Saturday, September 02, 2006

Buffs and Bobcats Recap

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news I was able to watch the game. The game was broadcast for the first time ever on cubuffs.com. The Big XII's TV contract, however, did not allow for it to be viewable outside of the state of Colorado. Not to worry, my friends, I was able to go through a certain server in Denver and receive the game here in Buenos Aires.

The bad news, of course, is that I was able to watch the game...

Holy crap.

The CU Buffs, the team famous for scheduling the most challenging non-conference schedules in college football, finally scheduled a cream-puff. For the first time in history, the Buffs played a Division I-AA team.

And lost!

What happened? This was supposed to be a tune-up one the way to the real season. It was supposed to be a welcome to Boulder party for Dan Hawkins. It was supposed to be a gauranteed win.

What it was was an embarrassment.

Where are the bright points? Ummm... Well... Nobody in my office is going raz me about this on Monday morning, I guess. Mainly because they have no idea what football is. And also because the USA beat Argentina today to take 3rd place in the World Basketball Championship thingamagig. So I'll make a lot of hay out of that, yeah buddy!

Well, there will be plenty of time to search for perspective next week. Tonight I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

No comments: