Thursday, September 01, 2011

Ode to an unhealthy obsession


What is that scent I smell
'cross fields of dusty summer
'Tis the odor of a football
And linemen as they slumber


Soon will ye be returning
To stadiums of play
Waging erstwhile battles
At home I cannot stay


For nearing is the time
In black and gold I'm dressing
To view those valiant fellows
Good lord I am obsessing


The Big XII be forgotten?
I do not care to ask ye
A-westward have I have forged
I will not miss Nebraska


The Pac12 is my future
My new life has arrived
All sunshine, wealth and beauty
It is for what I've strived


So how now to begin it?
This first trip ought to please ye
To meet the Rainbow Warriors
We go to Polynesia


An island lush and fierce
Raising lava from its bowels
Bronze players with great manes
Their names of many vowels


So go there must I now
Our fate I can't intuit
And yet I feel so hopeful
Jon Embree bade me do it


And as my waiting ends
I've fear and trepidation
I breath as one with you
Beloved Buffalo Nation


No comments: