Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hi, I'm perfect

Hello Buff fans.  I'm University of Southern California quarterback Matt Barkley.
This is the 2nd year in a row that I'm projected to be the NFL #1 draft pick

Buffalover has asked me to stop by to give you, the Buff Nation, some words of encouragement.

I understand that you've been feeling down lately.  Boy, do I ever know what that feels like!  Why it was just last month...  My team, USC, was undefeated and projected by most to be in contention for the 2012 National Championship.  I was the leading candidate for the Handsome Heisman Trophy.  But then suddenly we were dealt a devastating loss at the hands on #21 (twenty one!) Stanford.  They beat us 21-14.  I've never been so humiliated in all my life.
Losing hurts.  You don't have to tell me.
So believe me, I know how you feel, Buffs!

But take it from me, Matt Barkley, that when you get knocked down you just have to get right back up, pat your ridiculously talented blue chip teammates on the rear end, tell your equally handsome (and rich!) head coach that you'll try harder next time and get right back out there on the field.
I gazed into Coach Kiffin's dreamy eyes and apologized

We're 5-1 and ranked #10 in the nation.  Disappointing, but I can still smile.
Grin and bear it, guys
You see, attitude is everything.

I know you Buffs are feeling a bit stressed out these days.  I know a lot about stress.  Just last year, my junior year at USC, I was projected to be one of the top NFL draft picks.  Everybody thought I should turn pro.  But I thought, gosh, I haven't even graduated yet - how can I, Matt Barkley, go pro?!  Boy was that ever stressful.  As you can see, I decided to stay in college here at USC and finish what I started.  All I've received in return is the undying appreciation and adoration of the students, faculty and alumni of USC.


So I can appreciate the stress that you all are going through.

For me, I found that the best stress relief was to take the summer off and go to Africa with my gorgeous girlfriend, Brittany, and help some underprivileged children.
Brit and me blowing off some steam.  In Africa.
 So maybe you should try that.

As you can see, my life is anything but easy.  Shoot, I may not even win the Heisman Trophy this year.  There's also a chance (small) that I won't be the #1 draft pick in the NFL.  But that's OK.  I just keep my chin up and do the best darned job that I can.

Anyway Buff Fans, I just wanted to stop by and try to cheer you up.  I hope it helped!  Go Trojans!


1 comment:

BuffChick said...

You make me laugh on a weekly basis - thank you