Sunday, November 11, 2007

Good God

Friends,

Look... I just... I don't know what to say. There are damned few things in this world that I really think that I "get". But college football is one of those things. Correction, WAS one of those things. Then 2007 rolled around and I don't know what to think. Kansas is 10-0 and #3 in the BCS. The esteemed ESPN College Game Day broadcasted this week from the campus of Williams College (Williamstown, MA - current home of our own Johnny and Chrissy Mac!) to cover the critical late season match-up of Williams-Amherst. The free-falling Huskers suddenly unleash hell and score 73 points on an allegedly good team. And the Buffs blow a 21 point lead but come back in the waning moments of a game at Iowa State to kick not one but TWO improbably long field goals in the final 3 seconds of the game only to have them both disallowed. What. The. Fuck?!

I'm going to need a good couple of days before I can even think about the upcoming finale of a game with a certain despised rival. So stay tuned for that.

In the mean time I think I'll teach myself Farsi. Or string theory. Or string theory in Farsi. Perhaps I have a glimmer of hope of understanding that. But college football 2007, forget about it.

No comments: